Kawasaki Motors Europe - Regulatory Affairs Manager
In this challenging and international role you will lead the regulatory affairs office to represent Kawasaki and to defend the interests of the company in Europe. This position is a pre-design /development fact- and trend finding function in the field of (future) technical requirements as well as specific product specification, consumer law and product liability. You will have a direct bearing upon future product development as well as Kawasaki’s future involvement in EU legislation on various issues, but in particular vehicle type approval in the broadest sense.
To achieve these goals you will:
• Expand, represent and defend the interests of Kawasaki in industry associations (ACEM, ATVEA, IMEC and Euromot) and standardization organizations (ISO and CEN);
• Manage and monitor legislative developments, proceedings and applications to ensure company compliance with relevant regulations;
• Advice on the compliance with regulations and requirements for marketing and sale activities of the products;
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with government, regulators and market participants;
• Play an advocacy role to influence the development of laws and policies;
• Participate in the development of regulatory strategies and policies that support business strategies;
• Partner with internal business units to establish awareness of regulatory activities and developments;
• Maintain a regulatory database for all existing and upcoming areas of European and national law appertaining to the use and specification of products, consumer law and product liability;
• Supervise homologation activities in Europe and report directly to the R&D Director.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
• Completed education on university level engineering (preferably motorcycle or automotive);
• Possess extensive working experience (within the motorcycle/automotive industry) in a managerial role;
• Have solid knowledge of regulatory European affairs and/or experience with industry associations;
• Are able to communicate fluent in English and preferably one other European language;
• Have sound computer knowledge (Windows, MS Office);
• Are willing to travel frequently throughout Europe.
• A challenging role within an international and professional A-brand organization;
• Ample scope for personal development and growth;
• An independent and responsible position within an ambitious team;
• Good employment conditions (salary, 13th month, travel allowance, bonus).
Kawasaki Motors Europe N.V. is the European head office of the Consumer Products division of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, which is one of the most versatile and successful Japanese industrial companies. The origins of Kawasaki lay in 1878, when Shozo Kawasaki founded his own shipyard. Currently the mother company has about a hundred subsidiaries worldwide, all involved in industrial and high tech production. Robots, ships, aircraft, trains and motorcycles are just a few of the products that Kawasaki Heavy Industries develops and produces. Best-known by consumers are Kawasaki motorcycles, Jet SkiR personal watercrafts and all-terrain Vehicles. The company culture is characterized by a passion for motorcycles and the joint ambition for success.
- Mazda Motor Nederland - Project Manager After Sales Marketing
- DLM | Dé Lease Maatschappij - Coordinator Operations
- Euromaster Nederland - Key Accountmanager Leasing
- Emil Frey Nederland - Aankomend Bestuurssecretaris
- Network4Cars - Accountmanager Dutch Market
- MITSUBISHI MOTORS EUROPE - PRICING SPECIALIST
- PROLEASE - ACCOUNTMANAGER NEW BUSINESS
- Van den Born Carrosserie - Accountmanager